Projects/Design Engineer (Civil)
The South Taranaki District Council is seeking a proactive and motivated individual to fill this key position in the Projects Unit. This is a permanent full time 40-hour per week position based at the Administration Building in Hawera and will work closely with the Projects Manager and team.
This is an exciting opportunity to play a key role in delivering Council's infrastructure projects. We are looking for a dynamic person who can build relationships with a wide range of stakeholders and assist in delivering projects on time and within budget from initiation through to implementation.
What does the role involve?
- Overseeing capital works as approved in the Long Term and Annual Plans
- Design utility and roading projects
- Undertake projects and works as required by the Projects Manager
- Administer the Project and Contracts register
What skills are we looking for?
- A degree in Civil Engineering or a tertiary qualification and or training in a relevant field
- Proficiency in AutoCAD Civil 3D is highly desirable
- Experience in civil engineering standards and codes of practice, construction practices, design and management
- Experience in contract law, contract supervision and construction methodologies
- Competent in health & safety practices
Applicants must be proactive, self-motivated, well organised and committed to providing excellent service and quality results.
The South Taranaki District Council offers a proven "Best Place to Work" environment and the chance to join an energetic and progressive organisation. We employ people with a 'can do' attitude who want to work for a united organisation with a strong sense of family that is proud to serve its communities. The STDC invests strongly in learning and personal development for its staff and offers competitive remuneration packages and modern facilities.
If this role appeals to you, head over to our website www.southtaranaki.com, where you can access the background information and job description for the role. If submitting an application, please ensure you provide a covering letter outlining your skills and experience for the role along with your most current CV.
Applications close when we find the right person for the role.