Horticultural Services Team Leader
The South Taranaki District Council is seeking a proactive and motivated individual to fill this key position in the Community and Infrastructure Services Group. This is a permanent full time 40 hour per/week position based at the Parks Depot in Hawera and will report to the Works Delivery Manager.
The STDC Horticultural Team takes pride in delivering outstanding parks, streetscape and horticultural services to the South Taranaki District and we are looking for an experienced Team Leader. Come and join the team working in our premier parks and more than a hundred other parks, playgrounds and gardens across our district.
This role is responsible for leading a team to assist with the ongoing development and enhancement of the district's parks horticultural assets ensuring they are properly developed and maintained in an efficient manner and to an agreed level of service.
What does this role involve?
- Supervising and working with others to undertake minor upgrades, landscaping and construction projects in parks, reserves and open spaces throughout the district
- Establishing a work programme for the Horticultural Services team and contractors
- Budget management and reporting
- Ensuring the plant Nursery is well maintained and necessary plants are being grown
- Implementing the designs and development plans prepared by the Parks Curator, including procurement of materials and plants
What skills are we looking for?
- A diploma or degree in Horticulture or a similar discipline
- Supervisory and practical gardening experience
- An excellent working knowledge of plants and the principles of plant maintenance and propagation
- An excellent knowledge of landscape design
- Proven experience with operation and maintenance of horticultural plant and machinery
- A good standard of personal fitness and health
- Experience with day to day supervision of staff
The South Taranaki District Council offers lots - great staff engagement, learning and development opportunities, social events and fantastic people, focused on achieving our common purpose of "Making our Communities Better".
If this role appeals to you, head over to our website www.southtaranaki.com where you can access the background information and job description for the role. If submitting an application, please ensure you provide a covering letter outlining your skills and experience for the role along with your most current CV.
Applications close at 4.00pm on Sunday 19 May 2019.