Risk and Internal Audit Manager
The South Taranaki District Council is seeking a proactive and motivated individual to fill this key position in the Corporate Services Group. This is a permanent full time 40 hour per/week position based at the Administration Building in Hawera.
This position has been created as a result of a recent realignment. Reporting directly to the Group Manager, Corporate Services, the Risk and Internal Audit Manager will lead the organisation's internal audit and risk management functions, provide independent assurance and advisory services to support and monitor the risk management and internal control activities implemented by management to run the organisation. A key focus is to improve the Council's operations and assist management to achieve the organisation's objectives.
This position would suit a candidate with considerable experience in the risk management, internal auditing, compliance relating to internal systems, policies, contracts/agreements and all legal and regulatory requirements. The successful applicant will have a good knowledge of key legislation and industry standards relating to funds management as well as an understanding of the Local Government sector.
To be a successful in this role you will need to have:
- A tertiary qualification in appropriate discipline or relevant experience in finance, business advisory/management or public administration
- Knowledge of financial and accounting policies and procedures
- Demonstrated high level of oral and written communications skills
- Demonstrated ability to plan and prioritise work to ensure required outcomes are achieved.
- Demonstrated report writing and research expertise.
- Sound knowledge of internal audit methodology, procedures and techniques.
- Demonstrated ability to analyse complex problems and determine practical solutions
- The ability to produce detailed audit reports
- Experience auditing multiple functions including finance, operations and ideally some IT/Systems
- Sound political acumen
- Current full driver's licence
If this role appeals to you, head over to our website www.southtaranaki.com where you can access the background information and job description for the role. If submitting an application, please ensure you provide a covering letter outlining your skills and experience for the role along with your most current CV.
Applications close at 4.00pm on Sunday, 30 June 2019.