Health and Safety Advisor
Have we got the opportunity for you!
The South Taranaki District Council is seeking an experienced Health and Safety Advisor with excellent communication and interpersonal skills to join our People & Capability Team.
This role is responsible for the ongoing management, administration, planning, monitoring and delivery of the health, safety and wellbeing strategy. A key part of the role is to foster an environment to create a positive and proactive safety culture within STDC.
- Work proactively with all employees to lead the programme of continuous improvement in the management of health, safety and wellbeing
- Provide advice, support and assistance in the development and implementation of systems, policies and processes that will enable us to provide a safe and healthy workplace
- Lead health, safety and wellbeing excellence through the co-ordination, review and maintenance of policies, procedures and safety initiatives
- Ability to conduct plant risk assessments and develop or coordinate the development of necessary controls
- Coordinate the programme of health and safety audits and workplace inspections
- Conduct incident investigations and ensure risk mitigation is minimised
- Administration including business reporting and trending
- Continual improvement for our contractor engagement and management processes
This position would suit a candidate with a relevant qualification in health and safety, sound working knowledge of NZ occupational health and safety related legislation, with five years or more experience ideally across a number of occupational settings.
With strong organisational skills, demonstrated ability to work independently, you will have and proven experience in risk management, policy and procedure writing and site safety systems as well as great administrative skills. You must be legally entitled to work in New Zealand on a permanent basis at the time of submitting your application.
The South Taranaki District Council offers lots - a supportive workplace culture, great staff engagement, a commitment to your on-going professional development, social events and fantastic people, focused on achieving our common purpose of "Making our Communities Better".
If this role appeals to you, head over to our website www.southtaranaki.com where you can access the background information and job description for the role. If submitting an application, please ensure you provide a covering letter outlining your skills and experience for the role along with your most current CV.
Applications close at 4pm on Friday, 5 June 2020.