Do you want a change in lifestyle?
If so, here's your opportunity!
The South Taranaki District Council is seeking a well-organised and motivated individual to join the Strategic Assets Team. We are located in a tranquil area of New Zealand offering some of the best access to the great outdoors. We also boast attractive housing prices for your town, village or rural lifestyle and we are within commuting distance to larger centres.
Our communities deserve high-quality services from our infrastructure in a cost-effective way. Our Strategic Assets Team manages these assets in conjunction with the wider infrastructure engineering team.
At STDC, we are an energetic, progressive organisation and offer a proven "best place to work" environment. Our team culture encourages innovation, we care about your professional development and you will be working with an elite and motivated team of professionals.
Do you have what it takes? You will get plenty of variety in this role, including:
- Developing asset management plans for our strategic assets
- Monitoring asset condition and producing asset renewal programmes
- Analysing the factors which affect demand and growth for our service levels
- Working alongside operational and project teams to give best-of-life project delivery
- Providing specialist technical advice on the optimisation of engineering assets
- Developing maintenance strategies and programmes for our assets
- And much more…
We are looking for a qualified and experienced engineer who has:
- A "can-do" attitude and is a team player
- Experience in working with network utilities
- Knowledge of asset management principles and practice
- The drive to pursue our programs for best-practice asset management
- Skill to handle multiple workstreams and communicate the "big picture" to the wider team
With the current border and quarantine restrictions in place, applicants for this position must be legally entitled to work in New Zealand therefore must have NZ residency or hold a valid NZ work visa. First priority will be given where the applicant is in New Zealand. Please check the New Zealand Immigration website for the most up to date information.
If this role appeals to you, head over to our website www.southtaranaki.com where you can access the background information and job description for the role. If submitting an application, please ensure you provide a covering letter outlining your skills and experience for the role along with your most current CV.
Applications will close when a suitable candidate has been appointed to the role.