Senior Project Engineer
Alive with Opportunity
South Taranaki is a district of unlimited potential. Wedged between majestic Mount Taranaki and the sea, South Taranaki is blessed with an abundance of natural resources, spectacular scenery, temperate climate and a rich cultural heritage. In terms of lifestyle it doesn't get much better with an abundance of opportunities to enjoy the recreational activities on offer with everything right on your doorstep.
The South Taranaki District Council offers a proven "Best Place to Work" environment and the chance to join an energetic, progressive organisation. You will be part of a Management team which is focussed on delivering results and high quality customer service, building strong teams, developing your people and their capabilities and engaging in key partnerships with our community.
This position has been created as a result of a recent realignment and is an exciting opportunity to play a key role in delivering Council's infrastructure projects.
Reporting directly to the Projects Manager, the Senior Projects Engineer will undertake major projects and complex works as outlined in Councils' Long Term Plan and capital works program. The position will also assist the Projects Manager in retaining oversight of the capital works program where necessary and to administer the contracts register.
What you will need to succeed:
- A degree in Civil Engineering or a tertiary qualification and or training in a relevant field
- Proficiency in AutoCAD is highly desirable
- Experience in Civil Engineering standards and codes of practice, construction practices, design and management
- Experience in Contract Law, Contract supervision and Construction Methodologies
- Competent in Health & Safety practices
- Proven experience in building relationships and connecting with a wide range of customers and stakeholders
Download a copy of the position description for more information and apply online by submitting a copy of your CV and cover letter.
For a confidential discussion or more information, please contact Waid Crockett on 06 258 0555.