Strategic Assets Manager
South Taranaki is a district of unlimited potential. Wedged between majestic Mount Taranaki and the sea, South Taranaki is blessed with an abundance of natural resources, spectacular scenery, temperate climate and a rich cultural heritage. In terms of lifestyle it doesn't get much better with an abundance of opportunities to enjoy the recreational activities on offer with everything right on your doorstep.
The South Taranaki District Council offers a proven "Best Place to Work" environment and the chance to join an energetic, progressive organisation. You will be part of a Management team which is focussed on delivering results and high-quality customer service, building strong teams, developing your people and their capabilities and engaging in key partnerships with our community.
Reporting directly to the Group Manager Community & Infrastructure Services, the Strategic Assets Manager will lead and guide the Strategic Assets Unit to ensure that best practice asset management is followed and optimum whole of life decisions are made for the Council's key strategic infrastructure activities (3 Waters, Roading and Coastal Structures). They also advise and mentor teams in asset management practices across the organisation. A key focus for this role is to support and promote a culture that aligns with the Council's organisational values and contributes to Council's success. The Strategic Assets Manager role is an opportunity for an experienced leader with sound knowledge of service delivery to make this job their own.
What you will need to succeed
- University Degree in Civil Engineering and substantial experience
- At least 5 years' experience at a management level in strategic asset planning
- Experience in managing people and external contractors/service providers
- Knowledge of relevant legislation including the Local Government Act, Resource Management Act, Public Works Act etc
- Demonstrated experience in process engineering, asset management and contract management
- Ability to provide high level advice and support to Council to support decision making
- Knowledge of Tikanga Maori
- Current full driver's licence
If this role appeals to you, head over to our website www.southtaranaki.com where you can access the background information and job description for the role. If submitting an application, please ensure you provide a covering letter outlining your skills and experience for the role along with your most current CV.
Applications close at 4 pm on Sunday, 21 July 2019.